From how? to wow! with a tailored plan!
New challenges excite me. Approach me for a made-to-measure plan for your meeting. With the right information I can prepare and find the right tone for your team. This requires some time to go through some questions together:
- What is the goal of the meeting?
- What is the schedule of the day?
- For online meetings: which platform is used (Teams, Zoom, etc)?
- For live meetings: what are the characteristics of the space?
- What will happen with the information/ideas that arise?
- Is this a group that has been in meetings together before? How did that go?
- What is the atmosphere like in this group?
- How would you describe the work culture in your organisation?
- How is the group composed? Who is in it?
- Are there any taboos in this group?
- How do you want people to leave the room?
When we have discussed these questions, and we know what you wish to achieve in the group, I will design the meeting by looking for the right conversational interventions. Perhaps we do not need much: a room, people, focus. In that case, I will mainly focus on asking the right questions, creating safety and a warm atmosphere, and moderating the discussion. But perhaps an extra element is welcome. For example:
Moving around is a real energiser. For example: I like letting people take a stand (literally) on a yes/no line, and using theatre exercises as an energy boost. Movement is most useful to visualise ideas or relationships.
I like drawing my thoughts, as it helps me get to the core of my ideas. No matter how good or bad your drawing style, when people draw their ideas or experiences, it always leads to fun and interesting conversations.
Writing in silence: it can really help with focus and attention in any group. I work with post-its, and with online tools such as Mentimeter. Writing can also be a good tool for reflection, and ideas can really start forming through freewriting.
I am lucky to have a large network of very talented people. Should you be looking for an original twist to your meeting or event, I am able to collaborate with experienced coaches, graphic artists, comedians, musicians, chefs... unexpected and creative mash-ups can really make your event unforgettable!